On 12/12/20, I posted an article on “The Republic Watch” website concerning how I felt the incoming Liberal Administration would go about weakening the 2nd Amendment and how they plan to implement their anti-gun agenda plans. Today, barely two weeks into the new year, there are at least seven new bills in the House attacking our rights as citizens and gun owners.
Here is a list of bills that have been at least submitted (title only) as of January 15th:
- R.30– To increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking
- R.121– To provide for the hiring of 200 additional Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and investigators to enforce gun laws.
- R. 125 – To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide for a 7-day waiting period before semi-automatic firearm, a silencer, armor piercing ammunition, or large-capacity magazines may be transferred.
- R.127– To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition
- R.130– To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition
- R.167– To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer.
- R.225 – To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to more comprehensively address the interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition
The above Bills are pending at the Federal level. New York is working on one to ban the purchase or possession of body armor. Bloomberg’s anti-gun figureheads also call for credit card companies to track firearm-related purchases and submit said reports.
For this article, I will focus on H.R. 121 and the request for 200 additional ATF agents.
As it stands, this bill is in the form of a title only with nobody. So, 200 could easily change to 2000. I mean, what is another zero or two between Liberals building a brigade? As of 2018, there were 5100 employees with over 2600 special agents, according to ATF.gov. That is already over 50 “special agents” per state if spread evenly around.
Here is a link to the S.A.’s job responsibilities, including investigation, interrogation, search, and seizure. The ATF is a tool and has,, in my opinion, limited use. But like any tool, it can be misused. Being a Federal agency, they are controlled by those in power.
As discussed in my previous article, article, the Biden/Harris gun plan has many different routes of attack on our right to bear arms. The main one is banning the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. The remaining wish list contains terms such as Regulate, Buy Back, Reduce, End, etc., etc. So, my question to you is how you can do the above?
The new Regime needs feet on the ground and in the databases and records of the gun market. You need to be able to work around the 4th Amendment to access sales records. One way is to ask for CC companies to track purchases. We know that they already do so, just as you cannot talk about wanting an item at home and google or Alexa are not sending you ads.
H.R. – 121 currently is in title only; thus, there is no text to review. More of the liberal last-minute disclosure policy such as “Obamacare” and this last Stimulus package included massive payoffs to foreign countries. What they are planning to do with these troops is not yet known to the public. You can bet that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee knows what the plan is. She is responsible for H.R. 125, 127, and 130 also. If you have any questions about her stance, click this link. Here are some of her Congressional highlights:
• Urges Congress to enact legislation based on the President’s recommendations to reduce gun violence
• Urges state legislatures to reject proposed stand-your-ground legislation
• Urges states to repeal enacted stand-your-ground laws
• Condemns gun violence
• Condemns relevant parties for their roles in obstructing the ability of communities to be safe from gun violence and in proposing stand-your-ground legislation and similar legislation that compromises public safety and the integrity of the prosecutorial system, and
• Condemns all efforts to weaken gun laws and proposals that stand in the way of comprehensive gun law reform.
Her plans for the Special Agents? To have them follow their job description but under the tyrannical gun-grabber mantra. The agents may be used to implement and enforce the Left’s desire to make those who dare oppose their march to Socialism and then Communism defenseless. We see the same game plan that every wannabe Regime has used in the march to control its citizenship. With them having control of the House and Senate now, it is of utmost importance to make those 2nd Amendment advocates left on the Senate stand firm and not allow it to go to a 50/50 vote where Harris will tilt the vote. I am willing to believe that there might still be a few old school Democrats that may help. All Representatives with an (R) behind their name better stand up and act like an American by God. It is our job to remind them of this.
In closing, I hope that the next two years are full of infighting and the left one-upping themselves to see who can be the most socialist. Maybe we can get the Senate back during mid-terms. Until then, the road ahead is full of danger for our Constitutional rights. My plea to you who are reading this is this; get active, go to the provided links to read, and follow the bills. Help anywhere you can as our Republic is depending on its patriots.